What is Myofascial release?
Everything in our bodies is contained and connected by fascia and/or connective tissue. We have more connective tissue in our bodies than anything else. Think of your body like Jello with fruit in it. Your muscles, nerves, blood vessels, organs, etc, are the fruit. Your fascia is the Jello. It is our fascia that gives us our shape and posture, and limits range of motion. This fascia thickens and sticks together in areas of injury, strain, and inflammation. These adhesions are what we commonly refer to as "knots". This then leads to poor posture and chronic pain and inflammation. When you apply pressure to and/or stretch fascia it liquifies allowing your body to return to a more natural, pain free alignment, increasing range of motion and circulation while decreasing pressure on joints and nerves leading to less overall discomfort.
Increase the Benefits with Frequent Visits
Massage can play a huge part in how healthy you'll be and how youthful you'll remain with each passing year. Massage is not a luxury, it's medicine. Consider body work appointments a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan, and establish a treatment schedule that best meets your needs.
The Benefits Of Massage
An experienced massage therapist can:
• Alleviate Pain
• Increase flexibility
• Relieve migraine and tension headache pain
• Reduce spasms and cramping
• Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
• Lessen depression and anxiety symptoms
• Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
• Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts
• Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling
• Release endorphins that work as the body's natural painkiller
• Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
• Ease pain medication dependence
Whole Body Health
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress related; Perhaps nothing ages us faster than high stress.
Massage has been clinically proven to:
• Decrease anxiety
• Enhance sleep quality.
• Increase energy.
• Improve concentration.
• Increase circulation.
• Reduce fatigue.
Furthermore, clients often report a sense of perspective and clarity after receiving a massage.